SITE SEARCH

Our History

We have been part of the Fond du Lac community for 75 years, and the Assemblies of God denomination has existed for more than 100 years.

Fond du Lac Assembly of God / Celebration Assembly

October 1941
22 people met to plan the formation of an Assembly of God church in Fond du Lac, Wis.
June 1942
Congregation officialy organized as an Assembly of God church and affiliated with the General Council of the Assemblies of God, Springfield, Mo.
1942-1945
Congregation met for worship services in a storefront at 246 South Main Street
1945-1948
Congregation met for worship services in the Knights of Pythias Hall on Sheboygan Street
1948-1952
Congregation purchased property at Forest and Mary's Avenues and erected a church building
Fall of 1952
Congregation sold Forest and Mary's Avenues property to the Salvation Army and purchased the Salem Evangelical United Brethren church and parsonage at Third and Marr Streets
January 1953
Worship services began at the Third and Marr Streets church
1972
Congregation purchased 10 ½ acres from the Dave Mullen family, which constitutes the present church property at 825 Fond du Lac Avenue
March 1977 - May 1978
Present church building was constructed
May 7, 1978
Worship services began in present church building
Winter of 1979-1980
Parsonage was built at 791 Mullen Drive
1995-1998
Interdenominational Fond du Lac Christian School used present church building for classes during the week
2003
Congregation donated approximately four acres of the present property to Fond du Lac Christian School for them to construct a permanent school building at 720 Rienzi Road
September 2009
Congregation voted to change the church name to Celebration Assembly
2017
Our 75th anniversary
 

The General Council of the Assemblies of God

Read about the history of the Assemblies of God at ag.org.